FAQ - Frequently asked questions
Q: How do you know if your product is registered?
A: Please select "About Hot Virtual Keyboard" from the context menu to see the registration status.
Q: I have lost my Hot Virtual Keyboard registration key. Now the program tells that is expired. How can I get my registration key back?
A: Send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org from the same e-mail address you used when you purchased the license to use Hot Virtual Keyboard. Please follow the format:
Request: Please resend me the Product Key
Using Hot Virtual Keyboard issues
Q: How to install another language and keyboard layout?
A: Follow these steps:
1. In the Windows Start menu, click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Regional and Language Options.
3. Click the Languages tab, and then click Details under "Text Services and Input Languages".
4. Click Add under "Installed Services", and then click the language you want to add and the keyboard layout you want to use for that language.
Q: Can I use Hot Virtual Keyboard on a network, so all users get the same results for key presses?
A: Yes. You can place your Actions File on a network resource and open it on any workstation.
Q: Does Hot Virtual Keyboard support a "send email" action type?
A: Yes. Create the "Run program" Action and specify "mailto:" and the recipient's e-mail address.
Q: Can I use "Open URL" for FTP or Telnet?
A: Yes. When you create an action "Open URL", specify a standard URLs like "ftp://ftp.mycompany.com" or "telnet://mycompany.com" in the "URL to browse" text field.
Q: How can I set a shortcut key to open a window displaying my Computers's drives?
A: When you create an action "Run program", specify a command like "explorer.exe /select, c:\" in the text field.
Q: Can the "Sleep" key be used in a ShortCut?
A: No, the "Wake", "Sleep" and "Power" keys cannot be choosen as hotkey or a part of a key combination for any Action.
Q:How do I transfer the program settings and data to another computer?
A: Unfortunately, this is not a one-click action.
You will need to do the following:
1. Save the general settings: Parameters -> Advanced -> Save to File.
2. Save the hotkeys settings file (the name of the file and its full path can be found in the title of the Keyboard Shortcuts Settings window).
3. Restore all these data on another computer.
Q: Why won't the program start and why does it show an error message each time I run it?
1. Hot Virtual Keyboard works under Windows 2000 and above only. Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows CE are NOT supported.
2. Some of the program components may not have been installed. Please try reinstalling the program.
3. If you use Windows Vista or Windows 7, the program must be installed in the Program Files folder. It's a security-related requirement for these operating systems.
Subscribe to News