How can I include the on-screen keyboard into my own installer?
1) A set of files to be copied to end users' computers:
- Keyboards - the folder containing on-screen keyboards (one text file per keyboard)
- Lang - the folder with the application's interface translated into different languages
- Skins - the folder with skin images
- Background - (optional) the folder containing images for the keyboard background
- Icons - (optional) the folder containing shortcut icons for different applications
- Sound - (optional) the folder containing Wav files
- hvkDeskBand.dll, hvkDeskBand64.dll - (optional) the DLL files for displaying the application's toolbar in the taskbar
- Common - (optional) the folder containing predefined data on word frequency and word order for the most popular languages
- *.dic - word autocomplete dictionaries. The folder for storing these dictionaries is specified in the Data directory field in the Dictionaries section of the application's settings. If you prefer, you can move dictionary files to the application installation folder.
2) If you turned on the displaying of the on-screen keyboard prior to the system login:
- Backup.ini - the pre-login settings file for the on-screen keyboard (Data subfolder)
You also need to copy the following four files to the Windows\system32 system folder:
3) If you have configured special shortcuts, you also need to copy the file for them to the same folder as on the source computer. You can find the full path and filename in the title of the Keyboard Shortcuts Settings window.
4) To transfer the application's settings, do the following:
Save the settings to a file. To do that, click the Save to File... button in the Advanced section of the Options window.
After copying the ini-file to the end user's computer, start hvk.exe with the /RESTORE parameter.
Command format: hvk.exe /RESTORE "file name"
Example: hvk.exe /RESTORE "C:\Program Files\Settings.ini"
Return to Developer Center